http://www.beyondthetears.com/products.html
If anyone wants to help me continue with my cause, please visit the above links for either a copy of the book OR a wonderful crystal pendant that is a fund raiser for TEARS: Telling Everyone About Rape & Suicide. Buying the pendant helps me put gas in my car to go to centers to speak (for free) about these topics. As far as disclosing to the perpetrator, and confronting his abuse, anonymous letter writing is a cathartic technique. How do you confront a dead perpetrator? Write a letter, put it on his grave. Write a letter, send it to the cemetary, with no return address. I don't even know where my father is buried. I wrote a letter, sent it to his last known address (30 years prior) without a return address. When I confronted my brother 30 Years after the fact, it was by letter, and he did have plenty of sleepless nights. My stepfather said my brother "looked like a walking cadaver." My brother's redemptive quality is that he had a conscience, and he went to counseling. Anyway, that's what I was, dead girl walking, because my spirit had been killed while my body went through the motions. In fact, a writer about sexual assault calls it "soul murder." By the grace of God and presence of mind, I was able to resurrect my spirit. But, like we are saying here, "it" never goes away.

Edited by Princess Lenora (05/07/08 11:01 PM)