Quote:

Is the hopeful outcome of hte next visit that you will bring Zoey home with you for a week?

We are bringing her back this weekend. We are driving to Blacksburg on Friday evening and picking Zoey up at 10am on Saturday morning. Then we are going to go to Northern VA until Monday morning. My parent's, her great-grandparent's, haven't seen her yet and they are anxious to do so. With my dad's condition, they haven't been able to travel to Blacksburg. Blacksburg is about 5 hours away from Chesapeake and 4 hours away from Northern VA. So yes, I will not be much farther than my parent's home if I need to re-locate. Dotsie, I'm sure you remember my brother, he and his family are going to come to my parent's house on Sunday to see Zoey. They haven't seen her yet either. We cannot take Zoey outside the State of VA while we are waiting for the court date. Neither party can. So my brother has to come to VA to see her. Even though he lives an hour away from my parent's.

BTW, Blacksburg is where Virginia Tech is located. In fact, the apartment complex Sofia is living in is HUD housing and it use to be a dorm for Virginia Tech. I cringe when I see all those upcoming specials on the Virginia Tech shootings last year. This is the reason we are in this predicament to begin with. They are so paranoid in that town when it comes to any mental health issues. Sofia is not the only one who has to fight to get her baby back. There are others there as well.

Thanks Humlan, I think you are right. It's a long time to wait, but it is also good to take advantage of the time as well. So much has been accomplished since the beginning of March. In the long run, I have to believe that our Father is weaving together an outcome that will be of benefit to us all, especially Zoey. I will also say, this has forced Sofia to grow up and mature a bit.

Meredith, I am only trying to fulfill a promise I made when I found out I was pregnant 19 years ago. When the Dr told me I was pregnant, all I wanted to do was protect this child and take care of her the best I could. I remember that as if it was yesterday. Thanks for the blessings.

I love you all alot!

Blessings,
Cathi