Since the death of my mom, Mother's day has become a bittersweet day for me. While I love the celebration with my husband and children, I miss Mom!

When in the card section this time of year I get an attitude about the cards for mothers because I can't buy them anymore. It seems so weird. I see plaques, t-shirts, and picture frames with mother and keep on moving! Anyone else feel this way?

I must say that prior to Mom's death I was clueless about what women felt when they lost their moms. I mean I would go to the funeral homes, funerals, send cards, flowers, ask them how they were when I saw them, and so on...but I had no idea what they were really going through.

Now, I pretend I have this little club. We are the women who have lost our moms and I have more women in it than I care to. Today I am going out of my way to talk to a few women at church whose Mom's have died, I will call my siblings, and my dear friend whose mom just died in March.

I am grateful for Mom's life and I will share that with her when I visit the cemetery today. What a woman.