Orchid, I don’t understand people who don’t have a natural curiosity about their environment either. My DIL is an example. But now that I know her better, I have tried to see her life from her perspective.

Family and friends are her life. Their apartment is always full of people music and food. There is a lot of laughter, conversation, and a feeling of togetherness. This is where she invests her time and her money. Her friends and family all travel. But all love coming to her because she is an avid listener and enjoys looking at the photographs. She says there is no need for her to go anywhere, she sees it all through the eyes of her friends.

I suppose there are other reasons too, but this is just an example. What I’m trying to say is, it doesn’t make a person a bad person if they aren’t interested in travelling or taking courses. Whatever works for them and makes them happy is all right.

Life is one big tossed salad. Some people are like the big slices of tomatoes, they just lie there and let themselves get spiced by zesty little herb like people;…but we need those tomatoes as well!