Humlan
"recreating a circle."
A house is for sale next door.A couple much our age.Two children grown.We had many fine times when the children were young..we were stay at home Mothers for a long time.Then work and study made gaps.Mrs. retired last year and now Mr is retired and they wish to move near their family to baby sit etc.
Never a cross word a repected friendship but no longer in and out of homes.Childrens frienships shared was the main focus.
I was quite affected seeing the sign go up.Not for today but for the times...the energy of the past .
I then gave thought to the local popualation.Fewer people here now who have been as long as we have.New build is popular and these homes change hands often.
It a realisation that my feelings are of times changing bringing any change for me closer.All things will change..
So along with having more time...retirement is a changing mind set..Bonus time to go out together and the new pursuits.
Whatever happens for two families we share memories of good times..we even shared a cat!! a moody girl who has a split life.
But that for sale sign evoked a lump in my throat.
Mountain ash