At 59, I think I’m ready to retire. I’ve been working since I was 15 years old. Of course it was after school and summer jobs, but it was work. When my children were small I gave English lessons from home. I also taught art classes, and sold art at street markets. And then I started my real-estate business. Like most of you, I’ve always worked.
The past year, I find myself fantasizing retirement. Only my fantasy entails more money;…so I got to keep working. I would like at least ¼ of my present yearly income, for my yearly pension plan. I’m far from that goal.
One thing is for sure, I have so many things I would love to do when I’m retired. I would love to start a book club for Germans wanting to read English literature. Of course golf more. Go on some long sailing trips with Hubby. Travel Europe from top to bottom and East to West. I would like to work side by side in the garden with my husband. And needless to say paint and write in all my free time.

Humlan, you sound so,…so….human. Really it’s a delight to read your posts. “… "i just flake out when I come home"..but after thinking about it a little, I realize that what I do when I come home are things I want to.”
Haha…I could have written that.