This topic sounds familiar... or is it a forum posting deja vu?
We moved from a 2500 sqft home into a little over 1000 sqft home after our girls went away to college.

Some of the following wouldn't apply, but I'm going to put all of my likes and dislikes I can think of...

What I like:
1. We have acreage vs. home size... the neighbors aren't on top of us.
2. Less space to clean... in particular, bathrooms - uuuck!
3. Taxes, maintenance costs and such are less.
4. We were able to clean and dispose of things, even though we brought two attics full with us.
5. People are less likely to stay with us - lack of room.
6. If it were just me, this place would be perfect, other than maintenance (old house) and mowing (a little over an acre to mow, DH's two horses keep the other acres clear).
7. I wouldn't have wanted to downsize after DH passed. It was hard enough with him around.
8. Much less likely to want more "stuff" once accustomed to the downsize.
9. Can make it from one end of house to another in no time, and we no longer need an intercom system.
10. No more stairs to climb.

What I don't like:
1. Less places to hide, not enough rooms.
2. No place to call my space.
3. Have most keepsakes in boxes. Even some of our furniture is in pieces and in the attic (including a pool table), probably ruining from humidity and changes in temperature.
4. Can't have social gatherings comfortably. There are times I wish I could. To throw a party I'd have to rent a facility.
5. When people do come over to visit, I usually have to move things around to make room... i.e. books
4. When I want to talk on the phone in private (rare, but it happens), it's impossible.
5. Sometimes, I can hear my DH breathing - literally.
6. I don't have as many arrangement options. One thing I enjoy is trying new furniture arrangements.
7. No place to hide things if someone is at the door and I'm not prepared.
8. Even with storage boxes marked, I have a hard time finding some things when I need them.
9. Have to be very organized and have a good memory.
10. Sometimes I feel claustrophobic.