JJ, that was so sweet. It almost made me cry too. My Valentine's Day could be called "My Funny Valentine." We were not going to do a lot or buy gifts because we just had that nice weekend away. Then, the night before, Dick gave me a beautiful necklace. So, on Valentine's Day, I thought I would cook supper. (A shock, more than a surprise) I called him at 6:10 to tell him I was on my way home and not to cook. That made him happy. I had bought the stuff to make dinner a couple days before, just in case I felt like doing this. I was making pasta with a garlic, oil and plum tomato sauce and breaded eggplant. He loves eggplant like this. I walked in with a red rose and a big balloon for him. (Such role reversal) By the time I got home and got everything ready, it was getting late. I set the table, opened a bottle of wine and went about my preparations and he sat and watched a movie. I covered the eggplant and put it on the table. The plum tomato sauce was just about ready and the water was just coming to a boil. (It was almost 8PM!) We were hungry. I was taking the pasta out of the package when BAM. Out went the lights! AND THE STOVE. Had I found the tea lights for the table earlier, we would have had candles going, but I couldn't find the new bag I bought so I figured the rose on the table would be enough.

We scrambled for the flashlights and candles and waited, figuring the power would come right back on. We sampled the eggplant in the meantime. About 8:45, we found out there was a major power outage and that they would hopefully have it back on by 11 p.m. I put the stuff in the fridge and poured myself some wine. (He already had a drink) We ate the eggplant by a whole lot of candlelight. The power didn't come back on until well after 2 a.m.

This is yet more proof that I should stay out of the kitchen.