Hello women,
I have a large collection of books, some CDs, some DVDs of the personal development and health and wellness variety that I'd like to share. So I'm going to raffle one item per week and mail the winner this item at no cost to them. Yep that's correct, you pay nothing, and all you have to do is PM me and say "I want in!" My lord-of-the-manor cat, Steve, has asked to do the actual drawing so it will be impartial since he doesn't know any of you. You can however get to know him at my blog, link is at the end of this post. He's in the photo gallery on the left.
My first offering is a wonderful book titled, LEAP! What Will We Do with the Rest of Our Lives by Sara Davidson. She wrote a wildly successful book--and in my opinion the seminal work--on boomers titled "Loose Change" 30 years ago. LEAP! is a memoir and personal development work. She has been a success in many media, TV, radio, author of books, magazine articles and more who found herself in her fifties loosing it all. She could not find work, her relationship ended and her kids left for college. She finds herself adrift but not alone and sets out to find answers to questions such as
-How does a high powered person learn to walk down the ladder gracefully?
-How do we arrange to grow old with our friends?
-What will be the fire at the center of our lives?
She draws from interviews with cultural icons like Carly Simon and Ram Dass to writers, psychologists, businesspeople and spiritual leaders.
The book is great if you are feeling adrift yourself or just want a great read about what others are doing at this time of life.
The book is brand new as I was given one and bought one.
Each give away will end on Sunday at 6pm. Monday following I will announce our "Winner" and post another give away.
All if favor say Aye. Ok the ayes have it, let the games begin.
I look forward to those PMs.
Best,
mscoach Greg's Blog