Beware when you get back, HIS mind: You've had your break and should be ready to get back to business as usual with new found "energy, happiness etc..." from a few days out. I find when I go away for a weekend, I hate the drive back home,the closer I get the more stressed out I get and feel the urge to just keep on driving VS going back to the SOS. With my DH it's 'Oh boy" special dinner for leaving me alone to eat canned soup, bed's made again, HIS TV cause i got to watch what i wanted for a night or two away!!! the list goes on, but you get the drift. We are supposed to come home refreshed & maybe we do, I do, but the refreshment fades fast when home life tosses Poop on it. Do Not get me wrong, I love my husband with all my heart..He's done so many wonderful things for our family in the past. I know the old him is still in there should the occassion arise that he needed to emerge from his current lazy self centered state. I just can't stand the man he's evolved into as he's aged. I'm speeding up and he's slowing down and becoming more like my DAD! Bossy, attempts control, has to know every move (within & outside the home I make)..at least he 'thinks he knows',,LOL drinks too much, watches TV too loud, falls asleep early, sleeps late, boasts for reasons that he has no right to, gotten generally sloppy & seldom keeps his word or schedule/plans. So, I go on about my life as if what he tells me is going to happen probably won't. Yet, I took a vow for life & it's not the 1st time my determined nature has backfired, but I will not give up on my marriage. We have good times sparce as they are, it's enough to overlook the jagged edges. with things like *Like roasting marshmallows in the fire place on Valentine day-OK so I had to get the marshmallows but he fell into the spirit of the fun for me** Plus with our assests, we both have too much to loose & we do share a goal of holding onto our property (location) for our sons. Big as it is, there's not room for us to be on it seperatly together. So, I try to focus on his best qualities and live with the bad.