To all who have loved ones going through substance abuse, I am praying for you and so sorry.

Lynn,
My oldest son got divorced at 25 and his ex-wife moved from TX to FL with the kids and made it impossible for him to see them. She didn't play nice at all. He made the CHOICE to turn to drugs to get his mind away from his problems. At 30, he decided he wanted a different life and to make something of himself. He actually never became addicted, which was luck or body chemistry?! He realized his old friends and haunts would bring him down, so he moved to Ft Worth, stopped taking drugs and started his own building contracting business. Now at 36, he has his youngest son, got him at 13 and he is 14 now, and is very successful. You are right, you cannot stay in the same crowd and sometimes (this town was very small) place to change! Very good point!

I had twin brothers, 2 nephews and a niece also who were substance abusers!

It is terrifing, how we have either been there, our children have, or we know someone that has when it comes to substance abuse. It seems touch everyone in someway!