Gimster, I don’t know what I have done for you to thank me. But I do know that feeling of being lifted up and helped here in the forum. It took a long time for me to open up and show my vulnerability. As you said, just speaking without getting cut off is so wonderful.

You know when I see my old pictures; I ask myself how much of that person is me now? I may look different, but I know my inner soul is the same. My goals may be different, but the search for peace and happiness is the same. Am I wiser 40 years later? No, just more cautious and not so naive.

I think there is something very peaceful in knowing what paths my life has taken, instead of wondering and sometimes worrying what paths life will lead me on. I think it's more relaxing to be in the now than then.

When you see your picture, remember the strength you had then, recognize it as a foundation, and use it as a friend and a gift to hold on to. I agree with Meredith: “we're here to tell the story, at least that means we survived.”

You are so very precious for many of us here.