Lung cancer is definitely becoming more and more rampant, and about the same age group. There is no guarantee that if one stops smoking now that they will not get lung cancer later. Many have ended up with lung cancer after several years of not smoking anymore. But, that doesn't mean it will happen to everybody that quits. Nor is it an excuse to keep smoking. There are many benefits to not smoking. I have high blood pressure and in the past few years, I have had a really hard time keeping it down. The last time I went for a physical, the reading was 185 over 150. The nurse told me that if I am not careful, I am going to end up having a stroke. Of course, I went and had a few follow ups after that to adjust some of my medication. But the risk is definitely there. I really need to be able to handle stress so much better than I do now. Of course, I would love to eliminate it, but it seems to follow me no matter what I do. Does anyone recommend any web-site or book for learning how to work on ones coping skills?

Cheers,
Cathi