Girls, I can sympathize totally with both of you. I quit every year for so many years. Then one time I realized that I was like a robber man sitting on the highway just waiting for the unsuspecting person to walk by so I could jump out and rob him. Huh? Are you wondering what I'm saying? So am I. LOL....what I mean is that in the back of my mind, my THOUGHTS were one of a person just waiting on something "bad" "upsetting" "whatever" to happen so I would have the perfect excuse to start smoking again. And I always found that excuse. Afterall, life is full of experiences, good and bad. Daily. Who knows better than the Queen of Experiences here?

My Daddy told me that when I was ready (please say those four words outloud to yourself WHEN I WAS READY), I would quit. Period. I tried arguing with him. It always seemed to me that whenever he got ready to do something, he just did it. He sat down one day and said, I'm going to learn to play the piano. He did. This was at 76 years old. That's just one thing. He also taught himself how to draw and paint. So see? Believing it was easy wasn't an option, as far as I was concerned because to me, he had some sort of "gift" for accomplishing things.

He was right. One day I just KNEW. I KNEW I was going to quit. There was no fanfare, I told no one. I simply threw the entire pack out the window of the car (litter bug)....I immediately told God that I was ready. I vowed right then and there to never have a cigerette touch my lips again. It never has.

I've never smoked one since then. I've never even had the thought of looking for an excuse. The habit was gone. Yes, I did gain weight and at the same time, Daddy contacted a fatal disease and died two years later. Mom came down with breast cancer, but survived, and I had a near-fatal car wreck breaking everything on my left side.

So see? I had plenty of stressful events, all happening at the same time, to start again. I had excuses galore. But... I was ready. When you are READY, you will quit. The six months will come and go and you won't even notice it.

I wish you success. I'm here if you need me!