That's exactly my problem. It can be the tiniest upset, then I will run to get that cigarette. You know, perhaps if we keep that in mind the next time this would happen, then we may fight the resistance to go and get that cigarette.

I am really hoping that with all the anti-smoking growing rapidly it will be easier. In other words, it wouldn't be like it has been for years, where it seems that everyone and their sister smokes all of a sudden.

It's going to be difficult when I am at work though. Many people I work with smoke. They have a decent smoking area for us. This makes it easy if you are a smoker. But, I have been practicing, I know it sounds silly. A few times, during my break, I will read a little and not go outside to smoke. It's all a matter of changing other habits as well.

I once knew a man who gave up beer in order to give up smoking because the two went hand in hand.

But that is going to be the hard part, staying quit.

Maybe if we keep in mind the freedom we will have as non-smokers and stick to that thought, it might help. I don't know about you, but everytime I have any plans or anytime someone asks me to go somewhere, the first thing that comes to mind is, can I smoke there? I would like to stop doing that.

I am going to have to get the patches though, because I have had horrible withdrawals in the past and the patches help with that. I am not kidding, my lungs start to hurt really bad.

Cheers,
Cathi