Kath, at least you admitted it. Good for you. With all the hoopla about smoking these days, it is very hard to admit that 'something' has that much control over you but you just cant seem to help it. I think we call this 'addiction.'

Unfortunately, admitting it, at least in this case or from my experience, is not half the battle. We have to actively pursuit our health some sort of way. Getting to that point is quite a different tune though.

Did you see one of the latest commercials against smoking where a woman is walking with her hands balled up ready to protect herself as she walks home alone? Before she goes inside, she checks to make sure no one has followed her. Once inside, she locks the doors w/chains. After she checks the mail and a few other things, she sits down, turns the tv on then lights a cigarette.

The narrator chimes in, "She's done all the things should do to protect herself from strangers. Now she needs to protect herself from herself."

Now that was well written and so powerful. But, not powerful enough for me NOT to light the next cig up at my automated time of need.

Pray for me. I will pray for you. We all just need much prayer for this demonic addiction.

[Mad] [Eek!] [Razz]