I have been single for over 10 years now. Have never lived with anyone, other than my husband for a year before we were married. My husband was abusive to me and my eldest son so when I had two more children with him (give my head a shake)
I decided I'd better leave real quick before he did the same to them. They were both in diapers when I left. We are friends now, with caution on my part, I only trust so much and keep firm boundaries. He has learned a great deal but is in a live-in situation that is not great, also had another child. At least he isn't abusive with his partner or so I am told. Lots of yelling goes on with them and their kids are out of control.

I don't think I could ever live with anyone again. I like living with my two teenagers (although have a few complaints about that) but enjoy their company. I worry about when the time comes for them to leave home. Although I am very independant and lived on my own for 7 years before I got married, I don't want to be alone all the time.

I am currently dating an old flame from the past although he lives a plane ride away so we don't see each other much. I am finding that the distance is becoming a problem for me. When I need him to be around he is not, he can't really be there for me from such a distance. I really like him but will not move closer at the moment while my kids are still at home and in high school. I don't want to disrupt their lives. He has kids too and a good career so he can't really move closer to me at this point.

I just wish I could find a nice guy that lives close by, not to live with but to have a nice relationship with while we both have our own homes. I have great friends but it is so nice to have someone special in your life so I am torn.

At times I want to cut off this relationship as it is so frustrating. But then, it's nice that at least someone is there and thinking about me, and looking out for me.

I don't know that answer to the married - single question, what is better? I like a man to be around when I want him, and to be elsewhere when I don't want him around. I kind of have a cat like personality, not the best for a healthy relationship.
Kate