One of my older sisters, who lives in another country, has had a 6 months separation after 22 years of marriage. They have two teen kids...girl and boy. Neither of them like their Dad, sadly. And, after all the junk my sis has had to endure, she just about lost love for him. He's extremely selfish and CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP. Been an absent father-type since he's self employed and always had the "I have to work" excuse whenever a family event or a school performance was at hand.

So, they agreed to a separation in June. On Jan 1 of this year, my sister took him back and tells me that it's like he's "risen from the dead". A HUGE difference already!

Granted, I don't have all the details, but she says he's changed quite a bit. During this 6-month hiatus from marriage, they did date on Sundays and she was giving him in-depth "talks" about what she expects etc. She was teeter-tottering about whether or not to take him back. She'd see "some" signs, but also knew that some changes really could not be made until he were back home. So, she let him back in.

I applaud her for doing this. She and I have been communicating all thru this time. I've been praying for them/him. God really needed to do just about a complete personality change on my bro-in-law.

Once I get an update from my sis, I'll update here. But I wanted to give a PRAISE to a hopeful situation that may have been doomed.