Sues....if I may say this. Since children are involved, I say DON'T DO IT! It messes their whole life up!!

I am a stepmother of three children...they are adults. (Please see my post under Step-parenting about being "jilted") You never know if, later on, you remarry. Then you have to deal with the junk...who do the kids decide to see on holidays, birthdays, special occasions? ONE parent will get slighted...and hurt.

BELIEVE me when I say it's horrible! And my DH and his X had a good divorce over 24 years ago! But as the kids get older, then there's grandkids. Then the kids get to feeling badly (or not) if once parent is invited and another is not.

It seems you are involved in much...if you can live with your OWN happiness, not having to depend on HIM for your happiness, stay to help your kids thru life. It's NOT a good thing for them, even as they get older. They are effected their ENTIRE lives ie: engagements, showers, weddings etc....then down the family tree it goes.

My goal is to help save any family I can of the devastating effects of divorce. NO ONE handles it well, even if you "think" they do. I feel so badly that my step-kids do not have their parents together. I've even been bold enough to say that, if I die before my DH, I'd love to see them remarry JUST so the kids can have a "normal" family life again.

Just my three cents for what they are worth!