I'm so sorry Dots...

I know before my husbands two back surgeries almost 10 years ago, the doctors gave him open-ended prescriptions for pain medication for almost two years before they would finally accept that there was something actually wrong with him. I feel justified in thinking that they are partially to blame for all the drug problems now. (Only partially though.)

My personal opinion is that all the pills mask what might otherwise be corrected by proper diet, exercise and proper monitoring the way we live our lives. I'm not saying that all doctors are bad, I just think that sometimes, really, n a lot of instances they don't really 'know' us, they only know what little we might tell them, or get across to them... and then they have to make some informed decision based on what we've told them in the brief time we get with them. How can they possibly make a really informed diagnosis?

I think what someone said was right - go back, get another opinion/s, and go back, until your gut feeling is satisfied that you're on the right path.

Kate