I raised two boys -- and I have to agree that this is something kids are going to do -- test the waters of everything in life. It's how we all learn -- how we have the knowledge to talk to our kids when it's THEIR time to do the same stupid things we did as kids.

You have some choices.

Drive yourself crazy with worry and nag him until you either drive him away or drive him to drink more.

Drive yourself crazy with worry and write him off.

Drive yourself crazy with worry and trust he learned THIS lesson and wait for the next lesson he's off to learn comes back and kicks you in the gut.

Drive yourself crazy with worry -- did I mention that you might drive yourself crazy with worry while raising a kid ??????????????

No matter what you say to them -- they're going to figure you don't know what you're talking about and that they aren't you and things are different with their generation and and and -------- BUT -- he heard you -- and he made a mental note about this lesson

so my choice was to go with

Drive yourself crazy with worry and trust him

You feel you raised him right -- to know the difference between right and wrong -- to be responsible for his actions -- so now all you can do is sit back and watch and see how it all unfolds. Be there to support him but you can't live his life for him. You gave him a contract to sign and now you have to trust he doesn't break it. If you let him think for one moment you don't trust him to live up to it -- there won't be any incentive for him to keep it -- (she didn't think i'd do it anyway so why bother)

drive yourself crazy with worry -- and believe God has assigned a good guardian angel to him [Smile]

and then come here where all us mothers can drive ourselves crazy together [Smile]

[ December 14, 2003, 12:44 PM: Message edited by: lionspaaw ]