Swimbo, I'm so sorry you had to wrestle with this scare. What are we going to do with these teens? Like my mom would say, "We can talk 'til we're blue in the face....!"

But that doesn't mean our kids are going to always listen.

I'm so glad the parking lot attendant was on the ball. That's something to be thankful for.

We also have a first year college student and we know he's doing his share of drinking at college too. We are also those kind of parents who ait up for our children, kiss them good night, speak openly about consequences, alcoholism in the family, drinking and driving, etc. When we spoke with him at Thanksgiving time, he shared that he doesn't drink nearly as much or as often as he has opportunity to.

I guess that should make us feel good?

We are all in this boat together. We just learned of a mother who was SERVING the kids alcohol at her home and told them they could spend the night...SO NICE of her...and then after the kids were drinking for hours one of the moms called and said she was calling the police because she knew what was going on.

The COOL MOTHER then told the kids that if they could get out of there, they should. LOVELY, just put the drunk kids in their cars and send them on their merry ways at 2:00am. [Mad] What are these parents thinking? [Eek!]

But to get back to your son. I'm adding him to my list of teens I'm praying for. I figure the good Lord is their father too. I just pray He wraps His arms around them and carries them gracefully through the perils of childhood. There may be set backs along the way, but He will give us the strength to get through them one day at a time.

I'll pray that this was scare enough and that he will venture off with a different crowd while at school, and just to keep him covered, that should he decide to drink again, he won't consume too much.

You are also in my prayers because I know how we moms take things to heart!

Just know it isn't you, it's him finding his way. [Wink]