Teenagers, drinking, and drugs... wow.. what a topic. I remember all the research I did when I was writing my book, NOT WITHOUT ANNA. I learned a lot about the high number of teenagers drinking and doing drugs.. but what was more, I discovered a lot of "inside" information about how teenagers act and think. I think I captured their attitudes accurately in my book.

Here are some recent reviews:

Not Without Anna
A teenager dies under questionable circumstances, rocking the lives of residents in a small Florida town. Another teen, held responsible for the death, commits suicide. Not Without Anna shows the town, and the residents
as they cope with the tragic deaths and become a closer, more involved community that truly cares enough about its children and their future to take control and fight back.

EARLY PRAISE
FOR NOT WITHOUT ANNA
My immediate reaction, upon finishing Not Without Anna, was that it should be required reading for every parent of a teen or preteen. Then I realized that was only half the story. Teens and preteens need to read this book as well. And grandparents, who are perhaps even more clueless than the parents in this chilling story of drugs, sudden death, anguish, guilt, and—finally—rebirth. Not Without Anna is a modern morality tale, a story of good, well-meaning parents who had no idea what was happening with their children. It also delves, first-hand, into the anguish teenagers can suffer over little things, as well as over problems that are truly almost insurmountable. It shows in stark reality how teenagers risk death when they just think they are being cool. Not Without Anna opens eyes on both sides of the age gap. I heartily recommend it.
Review by Grace Kone, who writes as Blair Bancroft
THE INDIFFERENT EARL Signet, March 2003
THE MAJOR MEETS HIS MATCH Signet, August 2003
A SEASON FOR LOVE & THE INCONVENIENT MATCH Signet 2004
See also Blair's Historicals & Romantic Suspense at www.rfiwest.com

Not Without Anna is not for the faint of heart. When Anna is found dead after a party with friends, her distraught mother tries to uncover the secret life of her teenage daughter. This is a heartbreaker - a gritty, realistic read - a behind the headlines story of the results of teenage alcohol and drug use. NOT WITHOUT ANNA is a primer of the facts of life about teenagers in today’s world and not an easy read for parents who think:
"Not my child!"
Review by E. Joan Sims
CEMETERY SILK, Wildside Press
THE PLAGUE DOCTOR, Winter 2002
www.ejoansims.com

Not Without Anna is a gut-wrenching look at the problems of teenage drug use and sexual activity in today's society. Without judgment, Vicki M. Taylor explores the lives and emotional upheaval of a group of teenagers after the drowning death of one of their friends during a drug-fogged swimming party.

In similar fashion, she explores the emotions of the bereaved mother, left alone after her daughter's death with only the girl's diaries, discovering that the child she thought she knew did not exist.

As friends, loved ones, and a shocked town try to come to terms with the death, fingers begin to point and tempers flare. And just when you think you have it all figured out, a shocking twist changes everyone's life--forever. Not Without Anna is not to be missed.

Review by Natalie R. Collins
Buy this Book and I'll Wash Your Car: How to--or not to--Get a Literary Agent
http://www.nataliercollins.com/agentbook.html

Vicki Taylor’s, Not Without Anna, is a must read! Meet a heroine with spunk! I love that in a woman! Don’t YOU make the mistake I did, you order in and prepare yourself for a late night, or you’ll find yourself running around town doing errands with your nose in a book and it’s hard driving that way—not to mention dangerous! Better that you leave the driving to Ms. Taylor—you sink into your favorite chair, enjoy twists and turns, spiked with romance—in relative safety!
Review by Babs Lakey
Publisher Futures Mysterious Anthology Magazine/Author of the psychological thriller Spirit series.
Babs Lakey/Publisher/Futures Mysterious Anthology Mag. http://www.futuresforstorylovers.com
psychological suspense author. http://www.suspenseunlimited.net

Not Without Anna is a beautifully written, heart-tugging story. Compelling from start to finish. Bravo, Ms Taylor!
Review by Katherine Sutcliffe
http://www.KatherineSutcliffe.net
Coming in 2003 from Jove Books:
BAD MOON RISING
HOT AUGUST MOON

Vicki M. Taylor, in her new book Not Without Anna, reaches into the hearts of the reader by delving into the world of young people today and the issues they face: drugs, peer pressure, career choices and just daily living. Not Without Anna should be read not only by every young person, but also by every parent. You will never view these things in the same way; you will see them through your heart's eyes.
Review by Janet Elaine Smith
Author of best-selling Dunnottar www.janetelainesmith.com

NOT WITHOUT ANNA can be pre-ordered from Amazon.com at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/09 70219083/qid=1050072402/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2/103-6227548-3047023?v=glance&s=books

[ April 11, 2003, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Vicki M. Taylor ]