I find it hard to believe that there are so many mothers of teens in this forum and we are avoiding this post like the plaque. Why? [Eek!]

Here are my honest thoughts on this topic:

Yes I know this is going on all around me, I have three teens.

However, it is not something that we allow in our home. The kids know how we feel about this and they know there will be consequences. [Wink]

I am not saying that I am certain that my senior in high school has never had a drink. I am not stupid! [Eek!]

I do know that it is not a habit at this stage of the game because we are waiting up for him when he gets home and will stay up to chat.

The best piece of advice I received was from a freshman advisor at a local high school. Parents were taking the attitude that kids were going to drink anyway, so why forbid it?

He stood up and said that he was a fairly recent graduate of the school and the reason he didn't drink in high school was because he knew his dad was always going to be on the other side of the door when he walked through it every night he came home.

There are no guarantees in life, but I do think the later they start drinking the more time they have had to learn to deal with lifes ups and downs without a drink in their hand.

Face it, we all know family or friends who started as young teens and never learned to be in a social setting, deal with hardships, or even celebration without a drink.

Like any other mother, I pray that my children don't become alcoholics. I also pray that when they make a bad choice, they live through it. Lessons are often learned by making those bad choices. Live and learn! [Wink]

Anybody else have any thoughts on this/ I'd love to hear them! [Big Grin]