Dee, You asked: How much more time do we give him before we move the truck to his mom’s

I’d give him 5 days to move the truck

You asked: I guess my question is... are we under any obligation to allow LW to move in with us when he falls on his face in May?

Since LW is 25 you are under no obligation. It’s tough as parents to watch a son or daughter go rock bottom, even if it’s their own fault. We were in a similar situation. We provided the roof and food over our sons head, but nothing else. What finally helped him was his girlfriend, who is now his wife. She didn’t stand for any nonsense, and left him because he couldn’t get his act together. That shook him up enough so that he made a complete turn a about. Now he’s a top manager of the largest commercial real-estate company in Germany.

The funny thing about this is that his girlfriend said all the same things we told him….only he listened to her, not us. So what I’m suggesting here is that maybe he would listen to some other authorities, …possibly from the military?

I think as parents it is important for the offspring to know that they can always come home if they can’t provide for themselves. In your case it’s harder Dee, since he is your step son. What does your husband think?

I’m not such an advocate of tough love. I say go by your gut feeling. If it makes you feel lousier to turn him away then let him come to your home. Then open your doors to him, under one condition. His father gets complete insight in his finances, and helps him organize his budgeting.