I'm not sure who's contact list it is. Although I did all the reasearch and made the contacts. I get paid on commission so I think the list is mine. If I was paid a salary the list would be theirs.

Any ads I have sold to clients in the past up until now there is a paper trail. I have to put their info in a database when I make the sale for invoicing purposes. So, that info is there for the company, any new sales people etc.

I have a long list of prospects and that list is mine. I did the work so will keep this with me.

The big issue I have is the new guy wants to cherry pick my current advertisers instead of going out and getting his own. He actually told me that he will be counting on my expertise as I have been with the magazine for eight years.

He has never sold anything before let alone advertising. He is in for a big surprise. Selling advertising over the phone is not easy. It's basically cold calling and I don't think he wants to do that. He wants to call on clients that I have already warmed up for him.

I have been through this once before. Same company, different magazine. They hired a new guy and took half of my clients, the good high paying ones. Then three months later they fired him. Did I get the clients back, no. Management did. But it back fired on them because the client they did the magazine for did not like their service (they were always late printing the magazine) so they got another company to produce it for them.

I am really trying not to get my knickers in too big of a knot. I'm focusing on my new career in real estate. That can be a dog eat dog world too I hear. So I guess I had better toughen up.
Kate