Hi,

Last July, my 85 yr old mom fell and broke her hip, went to bad rehab - back to hospital for 5 days, then home for a night, ended up total melt down, back to hospital for 4 days, back to better rehab for a month, back home for about 3 weeks, back to hospital had heart attract and bi-pass surgery. While all of this was going on we were taking care of my 88 yr old father and I am working full time. My dad wanted to be with my mom was so we did a respa stay in last rehab (nursing home) for about 3wks then they both agreed to go to an assisted living home until further evaluation. That’s where we are now, they both want to go home but it is not only finically not possiable, most of all it would not be safe for them. We have not had the talk with them that going home is not an option and they are both obsessed with going home. My mom gets angry if we even start the conversation and my dad too, so we keep, putting it off. Has anyone had this happen to them?? Do we talk now or just keep putting off until next month, then try another month? It has been 1 month in assisted living home.
Any words of advise appreciated.
P