Artlady,
I have PTSD. That you have found that you do is half the battle! Will you have treatment for it? I hope so, it helps so much!
It makes sense. You certainly have been through something bigger than you and terrible. If something over powers us and hurts us it is surely to cause PTSD. Yours is no less than a person who was in a war or someone like myself who is a murder witness!
One of the most important things about PTSD is to be good to yourself and to try not to "re-traumatize" yourself. Every time you see or hear of your EX, it traumatizes you again! You do need the respect of children and friends so they will not bring him up around you because he has hurt you very deeply so no good can come of them telling you what is happening in his life! It will help you move along if you are not constantly reminded of him by others! They must understand that your pain must be respected and cared for as much as if you were in a care accident! Yes, it can hurt that bad!
I have had a lot of treatment for PTSD so if I can be of any help, please PM me and let me know. I hope you do have some therapy for it and are feeling better soon. Please keep us updated?
dancer9

"Question your privilege"