Tomorrow I'm going to my SDIL's home for my Step Granddaughter's 2nd birthday party. I'm already stressing...well, not stress so much as...simmering is more like it, because my husband's ex (who is really nutty and has treated my husband like crap) will be there and my SDIL's mother, who is cold to me and doesn't speak to me...for those of you who read my inputs over two years ago may remember my being upset because my stepson trashed his father's brand new tractor and refused to take responsibility for the damage (still hasn't)...when my SDIL became curt and snotty to me I put her in her place and her mom didn't appreciate it and has refused to speak to me ever since, despite the fact that her daughter was the one out of line. The only reason I'm going is to support my husband, who naturally wants to go to his grandchild's birthday party. It's uncomfortable as hell for me and I absolutely HATE being in that situation. My husband says, 'don't worry about it.' I told him he doesn't understand what it feels like because no one in my family has ever been disrespectful to him and he agreed he doesn't understand. I know he hates being around his ex as well so we'll be moral support for each other for having to be under the same roof with his ex. Anyway, it's one of those times where I have to reach down inside me and pull out that strength that gets me through it when what I really want to do is never ever see my husbands ex or my SDIL's mother again. Wish me luck...thank goodness it's only for 2 hours. Unfortunately I'll have to go through it again in June when the newest addition turnes 1 and will have his 1st birthday with all of them being there. For those of you who have not remarried and have steps and ex's I'm so envious of you for having done it right the first time and for not having to go through this. Okay...I'm off the pity pot now. Thanks for listening.