Where do I fit in? At 55 years of age, I've come to realize that most of what I want to talk about is foreign to non-babyboomers. I have participated at another message board for over two years and decided today to "cut the cord." The women there are primarily young marrieds with young children. Why would they want to associate with an old fossil like me?

I cried my eyes out today because I was once again feeling excluded. That is an issue I've dealt with since childhood. Can I just say I want that feeling to stop? I want to feel part of a group.

I've tried other message boards, including this one, but still I feel on the outside. I am married to a wonderful, loving man (he's 61). We've been married for 35 years. We have a 27 year old son. Our son is developmentally disabled, hence we will never become grandparents.

How do you shake feeling like a misfit?

I realize I'm wallowing in self-pity, but I can't ignore my feelings.

I'm also an adult orphan. My dad died when I was 11 and my mom passed away in 1990. I have two older sisters back in NY where I grew up.

I live in California because my DH is a native of the SF Bay Area.

We so much want to get out of the area. Our dream is to move to Great Falls, Montana. There is something about that town that feels like home.

Okay ... I've just rambled on and on. Thanks for listening to my "fine whine."