I've mentioned that my mother was diagnosed with terminal metastatic breast cancer and Alzheimer's. The cancer is squeezing the breath from her lung(s). The ALZ prevents her from fully understanding that she is dying from cancer. I had a difficult time finding hospice for her. 1) if a patient is on treatment, then most hospice won't help. My mother is on a hormonal treatment that MAY slow the progress and aggression of the cancer. 2) she was not given a definite amount of time (who can predict) and some hospice take patients when they are given 1 year or less to live. However, after much research, I think I found a hospice in AZ who will take my mother's case. If so, then my dad, her caretaker, will have respite care. My mother will have help bathing, as she is refusing to shower. I have power of attorney. I wrote to her neurologist and primary care physician outlining the changes in her behavior since her last visit(s). Neither doctor responded to my letters! What's up with that? It is very difficult being in CO while they are in AZ. Would anyone be so kind as to give me their thoughts, comments, or experiences with hospice? As a (former) social worker, I know only from the side of arranging for care. I don't know from the aspect of the family dealing with hospice. I'd appreciate any input. Thank you.