In February I'll be 49. I still can't believe I'm that old (damn, where has the time gone?) So to celebrate the end of one of the best decades of my life (so far), I've come up with a project.

Once each week for the entire year next year, I am going to do something new and different that I've never done before. It can be something simple, like eating a new food (sushi? Eeewwwww!). Or it can be something big, like visiting a new country (Africa or New Zealand?)

Other things on the list (so far) are: get a massage, ride around Atlanta in an open-air bi-plane, get something besides my ears pierced (I'm too old for that one, but gonna do it anyway), take an acting class (I know I'll stink at that, but it will be fun anyway).

I've emailed friends and relatives asking for suggestions and several have decided to join the quest. It's going to be a fantastic year!

So if any of you have any suggestions or thoughts, please post them here. I thought it would be easy to think of 52 things, but I'm up to 38 and slowing down.

One side benefit of this that I didn't expect was, when trying to think of new things, I was forced to look back and remember the things that I "have" done so far. And lots of good memories have brought lots of smiles. I started a new journal because of this, so I don't "forget" any of the good stuff again.

Anyone have any ideas?

Whirlwind