My mother took wonderful care of my children when they were small. She was a great grandmother and she helped me out alot when I went back to school after my separation. She doesn't know how to relate to teenagers though, didn't know how to relate to me either.

She also said tonight that my Dad wanted everything to go to my brother (the child that never visits) because I wouldn't take care of anything. I find that hard to believe. She said it to hurt me because, she thinks I love my Dad more than her. I can't find any other reason for her insensitivity.

My Mom gives with strings attached and I hate that. She is also a martyr. She is critical, prejudice and judgmental of everyone, and I mean everyone including me.

She wouldn't allow my Dad's friends to the house. She didn't like either the wife or the husband. My Dad had to wheel himself across the street in his wheel chair to visit with one of his good friends as he stood up to her one day so she banned him from the house. Then she tells everyone my Dad has no friends. That's because she wouldn't allow him to have friends. Yes he is a big boy but wanted to keep the peace. He paid a very large price for that. For the past five years while he was in a wheel chair she made his life miserable because she was miserable.

She won't allow my boyfriend to come near her house and refuses to meet him. She told me never to speak of him, why, because he is of a mixed race.

Of course she has her good points, everyone does. If I ever needed money, my car fixed etc. she was right there. Although I would have to hear about it later. She is good in many ways. I know she loves me in her own way although she doesn't know how to show it like some people. She is not affectionate either and has never in her entire life told me she loved me.

Kate