My Dad did not leave anything, not sure if he left a will or not. I have told my parents for years that I do not want anything from them and I don't. My brother feels the same.

My Dad tied his business in with his mortgage and the lost their home which was a shame. My mother never forgave him for it and continued to bring it up to him over the years.

Problem. When my Dad's parents died he was left all kinds of antiques and paintings. I do not want anything but one painting that was in a photo of my Dads's parents in their living room. I want to at least keep it in the family. My Mom has no attachment to any of these paintings and wants to sell all of them.

The one I want was offered to my brother (who never visits) and he said he didn't want it. He doesn't care about art. Both my daughter and I like to paint.
Anyway, I mentioned to my Mom that I would like at least one painting and maybe the one she offered to my brother. She said, you move to much and wreck everything. When I was married my ex used to have temper tantrums and always damaged my things. Broke all my antiques etc. and a painting my Dad gave me (this was over 20 years ago) got damaged. I have not been married for over ten years but my Mom brings up that when I was married I moved all the time so she would rather sell the paintings to strangers.
I just want one for sentimental reasons, to have something from my Dads family.
I am very hurt by her comments. I do everything for them and have done everything my entire life. My brother basically does nothing and gets offered a painting.
Just a venting session and I don't want to start a war over this it's not worth it.
What do you think about this.
Kate