Orchid,
I just saw this post! Yes, I've known my husband since we were kids but we did not marry then, we were 14 years old when we met and maintained a friendship when both of us toured for our careers. We went about 15 years without coming face to face, but saw each other's families here and there and heard how the other was doing.

We both married someone else in that time period. I was married to an abusive man for some time and he was married, to ~ believe it or not, an abusive woman!

We re-connected when we were both single and BOOM, the attraction was one of well...not only friends! We have not been apart since that time. We got married fairly quickly because we knew each other so well and we are still happily married.

So, yes, this is not my first marriage and I had a frightful marriage before him. One so bad that I swore I'd never get married because I was conned so. I trusted P., I knew him since before we entertained thoughts of each other in that sort of way. We spent time at each other's house, knew eachother's sisters and brothers, and went to movies, and such together for some time when we were young.

He had a full career with the government that took him all over the world and I have had a full career in art that had me touring all over the world so we did not really "hook up," as we were building our careers. I could be in Canada and he would be in Hong Kong sort of thing, you see?
Later, when we tired of traveling and were winding down, we came accross each other's phone numbers and met in Seattle, the closest place between us. Again, that was it. I know him very, very well but he never bores me. His life had it's excitement as mine has so we talk about our adventures apart when we have the time.
It is a sweet marriage that makes many sick, the sort of marriage you have to go through hell to figure out how to cherish.
dancer

"Question your privilege"