Dotsie, my anorexia was probably more about poverty and stress than it was about a mangled body image, which seems to be more common for women who are anorexic. It's a long story how I got to that "place" (it's all in "Eagle" actually), but the short version is that I simply couldn't afford to buy food. I was severely depressed at the time and could barely function, living alone in a mouse-infested dive of an apartment, couldn't work, had no source of income, and the stress of living in such dire poverty and hopelessness just translated into an inability to eat (there simply was no food to eat) or swallow what food I could afford (stress). There were a some key friends who helped keep me alive at that time, so I survived, but it's one of those scary diseases that builds momentum (you just learn not to feel the hunger anymore) and becomes increasingly difficult to escape or overcome without serious intervention.

My TV interview is June 8th. My face is getting better everyday. I had to quit the tetracycline, but the topical cream is doing a very good job. Nice pink cheeks looking back at me in the mornings now!

[ May 28, 2005, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]