Thanks again everyone. Smile, we'll have to switch those prayers to June 8...the TV station called and asked me to come June 8th instead of the 7th.

Lionspaaw, thank you for your insights about the rosacea thing possibly being part of the message...it can be very hard on the self-esteem to have a face covered in red itchy blotches. I'm able to cope reasonably well most of the time, but I'm sure there are younger women out there who might have the same problem but not have the life-experience yet to recognize that life isn't a beauty pageant, that there's more to us than our exterior lumps and bumps and battle scars.

What's interesting about the timing of your insight (I only read it a few moments ago) is that I'm in the process of deciding to give up the tetracycline, and just go on the show with my face the way it is. The medication is brutal on my system. I take it first thing in the morning, throw up a few times, then remain nauseated for most of the day. I only start to feel better just in time for the next dose. I think I'd rather be red and blotchy than throwing up all over the stage!

And maybe I can create a way to work that rosacea diagnosis into the discussion as yet another problem to deal with in my on-going struggle with day to day self-esteem issues and depression. If anything we suffer helps another person suffer less, then for me it makes it worth having to cope with.