Pamela, I'm glad you shared your experience of skin cancer...being so fair-skinned, I'm always nervous about one of my "very small skin irritations" turning deadly. It never hurts to be more aware of what to look for.

I saw the dermatologist today...my regular GP had diagnosed me years ago with rosacea, but didn't tell me a whole lot about it or that we were supposed to be treating it on a regular basis, not just when it flared up. Apparently, rosacea is incurable, and gets progressively worse without regular daily treatment, so it's a good thing I wouldn't give up trying to see the dermatologist!

She reaffirmed and further explained the rosacea diagnosis and put me on low-dose tetracyclene and special topical cream. She thinks that by starting right away, it should be clear by the time I appear on TV...even if it's only for 4 minutes, I'd still rather that my words and message shine, not my red cheeks!

Chickadee, shortly after arriving here at BWS, I put together a montage of three pictures - of Oprah, my book and me - and typed in big bold letters "This Will Happen - Believe It". Underneath it, I keep adding the names of other Boomer Women. It's hanging on my computer desk. People laugh at it, but I don't care. It WILL happen, not just for me, but for Dotsie and the rest of us Boomer Women!