Chatty, thank you.I took the liberty of sending your last post to her sister and it was able to reach her more than anything I've seen come at her. It can't be easy for you to talk about something so painful so know you are helping another sister in your place now.

Her sister wants her to come live with her very badly. She is willing to care for her and as I said, she has a degree in early childhood so the children would be in good hands. It is a matter of her crying out for help. She has come close to divorcing this pig more than once. The last time we really thought she would but he threatened a messy divorce and I know it scared her. She came back to "I want this marriage to work." She keeps reaching out to her sister though, and sometimes through me, and she knows that sister will NOT accept her husband in her life. She knows her sister will help her in an instant if she will leave her husband. She does not love him but I know she fears him. She has some sort of hold on her that he keeps through his abuse and verbal B.S.
She is 44 now with her leg and her arm pretty much "gone,' as she says. She told me recently that she must give up driving and is coming to terms with it and also she said she knows someday she will need a wheel chair. That is the place she is at this time in her situation.
It is so hard to watch but her sister and I remain in wait. I recieved a call from her yesterday but have yet to call back. Because of your sharing I have the faith to call her back and not feel defeated already before we talk.
I can handle the call better due to you as well.
Thank you again so very much for sharing what must be painful for you. It is so much help.
dancer
I will send this along to her sister again. I hope you do not mind... It is, as I said, so much help to her.

Edited by dancer9 (10/13/07 12:48 AM)

"Question your privilege"