Thank you all so much for sharing your thoughts with me on this. I needed that confirmation. Sometimes when I’m arguing, I start to doubt my own feelings.

I will not let this escalate to any huge family controversy. Actually , I’ll tell you, just between us…I feel sorry for my son. He loves his fiancé’ so much, which is good, but she misuses his love and devotion to being a manipulative bitxx . He is punished enough.

There is another reason why my other son took on his wife’s last name. His wife is an Afro-American. Our last name, translated into English means “black”. He didn’t want to give any children a reason to make fun of his future children, so he took on his wife’s name. Since I personally experienced discrimination when I was with my DIL, we agreed totally.

Chatty Happy? Love that name. I’m glad you had the foresight to be able to keep it.

I agree Anno…it’s only a name. That is what’s keeping me from going overboard with this. But to my dismay my other son flipped out, and threatened my oldest son not to be his best man if he should change his name. Oh nooo, I didn’t want that to happen. We have three weeks till the wedding…hopefully time will sooth the feelings between my boys.

Thanks again my friends for always being there with your honest comments.