I know exactly what you are talking about. I've been divorced for 10 years. I still do the heart break scene sometimes, and usually during the holidays.

However, I don't think it's because I want THAT marriage back. It's because I work retail and get so totally exhausted that I MISS the family life.

THIS YEAR I have decided to do something differently that ever before. I am not going to put up a Christmas tree any more. I really don't have room for one and it is no fun with no one to enjoy it. My tastes have changed. I now collect Nativities. My newest addition to the collection is one that you can actually see in my on line store. (Go to the eCatalog www.sunshinehugs.com and look on page 372. It is so cute and very hard to see in the picture. The little guy on the right has sunglasses on. And the little shepard has an ice cream cone.)

I decided that this little Nativity brings me great joy and laughter. My main Nativity has all of the animals (that I can find in the right size) coming to pay homage to baby Jesus.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that we need to bless ourselves with laughter and joy. I agree with Danita that wee need to just 'let it out'. The worst thing we can do is try to keep feelings trapped. That is like a pressure cooker waiting to explode.

Thank you all my new BWS friends. You are already a great source of comfort.

I realize this can be a very depressing time of year so if you need some help you can post a prayer request on my prayer line. Just email me or go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/iprayers.

Joan
God's Little Pencil

Edited by GodsLittlePencil (11/25/07 06:40 PM)