Hannelore, I understand you completely. Again, if I'm to be completely honest, I have to share this. My current hubby was (unfortunately)my rebound guy. He recognized right away that I was rebounding and he backed away. I loved him, at least I thought I did, at that time but we stayed apart for awhile and I dated others but there was nothing deeper than companionship and I just saw more lost souls like myself. We were on again - off again for a year. Both of us were mistrusting and trying to find our way but we always ended up back together. In August 2004 we finally said "this is crazy...either we make a committment or walk away." That very day we set our wedding date for 2 months later. And that was it! But honestly, and secretly I do still have moments when I wonder why I did it again and why so soon! I know that I would never have the energy to do this ever again. But then I've also learned to "never say never!" I love him very much and just this year we've settled into a comfort level that we haven't known so it's working well. I struggled terribly being alone when all that happened. I was just fortunate that my rebound turned out okay. It could have been more of a disaster than it was....and there were some very awful times but we kept going to get to where we are today. I just, unfortunately, don't have the blind trust that I once had.