I have to stand up and applaud hou ladies for your strength. Ladyjane you are an amazing survivor...

I have a story that is similar about loss, yet altogether different. After I bacame a widow for the second time, I swore off men for fear of being hurt yet again. I did meet a man some years later that one could describe as an emotional cripple, divorced, wife cheated with his business partner and they took him to the cleaners. Along comes me, fragile myself but keeping up appearances. Anyhow I stuck by him during thick and thin, he cried a lot, moaned and groaned, was impotent, the whole ball of wax...

In a year with me standing by him, he was again building beautiful log homes, was featured in Beautiful Homes magazine as Architect of the year, had a thriving business and had done a completed 180% turn around, for the better. He asked me to marry him. Now he lived in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and I was still in Vegas. So we did the long distance, and phone thingy for awhile. One night he calls me and says, he didn't want to marry me.......... KNOW WHY? Get this!!!
He says because I was his rock, his motivation and I stood by him during the most trying time in his life, I gave him hope, love and understanding, trust, everything he needed to rebuild his shattered ego and life....Heres the good part! He didn't want to marry me because everytime he looked at me he said, it would remind him of what he was, of the blackest time in his life, and he just wanted to forget it, put the memories behind him. How about that for being dumped????

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/