My husband of 33 years is about to leave, to go off and have one more great adventure, as he refers to it (walk out on me and his grown children, as I call it) and I'm divorcing him, as I'm not going to sit around and wait to see if he comes back.
This planned separation has been on hold since December, due to our daughter being pregnant, his mother needing to enter a nursing home, etc. and is winding down now with a little more than 3 weeks left to go.
I hope I can hold it together that long and not drop the heaviest rock I can carry through the windshield of his car.
Also, it is now my fault that our ten-year old dog is going to have to go - either with him, or to doggie heaven. The dog was never my dog, it was his, even though I was the one who found it at a shelter, it never loved me. And, it behaves horribly with the grandchildren, scares them actually with its shrill barking, I can't control it myself. He should take it with and not blame me if he's going someplace that doesn't allow dogs.
Well, I do feel bad about this - anyone want a 10-year old dog that isn't good with children? It makes a reasonably good watch dog.
All serious offers considered.