Would there be any way you could point this out to him? I once had an interview where everyone was more qualified than me. I knew they were going in to the interview so I said to the guy, "You know, I bet your job is hard, trying to find someone who is loyal, always on the job, and is efficient, so let me tell you what I propose, if you should choose me out of stack. I'll give you 10 years of good, honest, hard work. I'll be here every day and take time off when it suits YOU. I'll plan my vacations around you schedules and try to be as considerate as I can. I'll be prompt, attentive to your working needs, and efficient. But I will warn you ahed of time, I cannot promise you more than 10 years."

He laughed and said, you know what, you get the job. I did...and I stayed 10 years. Exactly. I didn't leave because I wanted to, but the company, Hughes International, was leaving Huntville, so I had to find another job...which I did.

Sometimes you have to point out the obvious to them. Let them know your worth. Like this lawyer, if he paid benefits, it would BENEFIT HIM in the long run by not having to spend valuable time RE-training someone, over and over because of the low wages. Pay a little more, offer benefits, and I'm yours. That's what I would be telling him!