Funny. Today I brought my granddaughter to a playground. There were a group of boys between the ages of 9 and maybe 12. They weren't happy at all. Each one was boasting how strong he is, till the entire thing escalated and they started going at each other with sticks. I grabbed my grandbaby and left, …leaving them on their own.

On the way home I thought what age is actually the happiest age?

Although I had a happy protected childhood, I always felt I was missing out on something, and the competition between classmates was sometimes hard to bear.

I suppose around 21 to 25 was a fine time, although I often mooned about where that special man is for me.

Some of my happiest times were when my children were little, and we did a lot of family outings. But then, children do get sick, and a mother's heart gets sick with worry. So was that time all that happy? I was often under a great deal of stress, chauffering my kids around to all their extra-curricular activities. Now come on…was it all that much fun? No, don't think so.

When my children finally made their way in their careers, I was happy and very relieved that those concerns were over with. So I guess I could say at this point in my life I'm the happiest. My husband and I have done our best in raising our boys. Our family is intact and everyone is healthy. Yes, I'm pretty happy…but who knows how long it will last.

Oh hush busy brain…just relax and enjoy.