dancer, great question. This may sound weird, but I went through a bit of my empty nest when the kids were still living at home. They were all in high school and very independent. I no longer felt like I had much of a job. My life revolved around them since they were babies. I was a SAHM and reveled in it.

Mom also became ill and died in six months. I dropped all my volunteer work to help my family care for Mom. After she died, I really felt without purpose. I missed her and I knew I'd be without a job as soon as the kids left home.

That is when I hit a valley. During that time, I became intentional about what I wanted to be when I grew up. I had never thought too much about what I'd do after being a SAHM. I prayed, journaled and became still every morning after everyone left for school/work. I took a couple classes. I asked God for guidance. What was He calling me to do? That is when the seed to give boomer women a voice was planted. I researched, prayed and got to work trying to figure out the best way to do it.

Voila...www.boomerwomenspeak.com and www.nabbw.com. I keep listening and following.

So I guess I recommend getting still and listening to whoever your higher power is. I hope this helps.