An update

Yesterday, for Thanksgiving, My sweetie and I went out to eat with my parents (aren't I lucky they are both still alive) and my nephew and his girlfriend. I had decided I could not do it all (so yes, I am taking care of my own needs) and clean the house, cook and clean the house once again, so we made reservations at a steak house.

Dennis wanted to dress up, so he wore the beautiful suit he had made last year when we were in China. It took him 3 hours to get ready, and it was not because of vanity.

He tips over when he sits and therefore slides off of chairs quite easily. Four times during the meal I had to push him back onto his seat so he would not tumble out of his chair.

He could only eat half of his meal, not because of a lack of hunger, but because he expends so much energy simply trying to sit, lift his fork and chew.

It took us 20 minutes to get him out of his chair at the end of the meal. He works so hard at staying in the chair that his muscles all lock up. Then, I suppose his brain takes a while to tell his muscles to relax, too.

Today we will complete the application for disability. It has taken this long to get all the papers from doctors and pharmacies to complete the work.

He is taking all of this with such grace. He is patient with himself, even when I become impatient. He has humor about his pokiness, even when I attempt to rush him. I am learning more patience than I ever thought any human being could be capable of.

Thank you, ladies, for being here for me. It is so nice to be able to share my woes and celebrations. I am so lucky to have finally met this man that I love so dearly, and so lucky to have a man that loves me unconditionally, too. And each of you. Thank you, so very much, all my dear girlfriends.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com