I had a similar experience last weekend on my way to visit a childhood friend I had lost contact with and recently found again.

We were on a 4 lane highway going through a small southern town. I was in the lead in the slow lane with several cars coming up behind me. All of a sudden this very large turtle started crossing the road with a purpose in mind -- he was moving pretty fast for a turtle -- and I knew that by the time I could stop and pull over to get him off the road he would have been across the road --but I also knew that the cars in the fast lane coming up couldn't see him.

I started hitting my brakes off and on and put my flashers on so everyone would be aware and as I past the turtle I looked back in my rear view mirror -- expecting to see the horror of him being hit when I saw that the SUV leading the pack had come to a complete stop -- in the middle of the highway -- to let this turtle past. I said to my husband what a truly good soul this person was -- and that we had just witnessed something you don't see often enough -- someone who cares more about God's creatures than their time schedule.

At a time it seems everyone is all about me me me and all we hear in the news is war and crime -- it was nice to know there's still good among us.