Boomer Women,
I am almost afraid to post this as I don't want anyone to think I am trying to hog the boards. But I just LOVE this board and want to meet and talk with each of you.

On the Blessing Journal, may I have the priviledge of sharing with you God's gift to me recently? HE showed me the act of giving without expectation. It is a story I wrote after HIS miracle and is posted on Guidepost stories if you would like to see my mug shot. Here tis and I hope you will be blessed by what happened, I know I was:

The Man in the Bermuda Shorts
(God’s living miracles)

It was a Friday like any other Friday; everyone rushing to leave work, jumping in cars and hurrying home in anticipation of the upcoming weekend. As I moved into the flow of traffic, I noticed people were driving a little too fast, and I thought, “You can sure tell it is Friday.” I decided to slow down a bit but didn’t realize at the time that it wasn’t my idea to do so, not mine at all.

On my way to the Veteran’s home to see Daddy, I began processing the day’s events. Earlier, I had read a very thought-provoking article on the subject of Giving. In it, the author stated that most people give to receive. He said these people would never concede to giving without a motive for receiving something in return. I immediately began wondering if I fell into this category. Did I do this? No, of course not. I just knew I didn’t so my thoughts began to wander into different directions.

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed an old man in Bermuda shorts walking across two lanes of heavy traffic. “Oh my gosh! He’s going to be killed!” I thought. A van parked just off the road was the only indication of where he came from. I assumed he had run out of gas and was walking to get help. I decided to slow down, turn around and offer help. As I did, I noticed the man had made it to the turning lane and was bending over to pick up something. My next thought was he must have lost something from the van, but to my surprise, he was picking up the biggest turtle I had ever seen.

This man, this wonderful human being, was risking being hit by oncoming traffic to save one of God’s creatures! Knowing this turtle would surely have met a deadly fate if he hadn’t stopped, I was suddenly overcome with feelings of warmth, kindness, and love toward this unknown man. I said to myself “This is the kind of man I would want for a co-worker. No wait! This is the kind of person I would want for a neighbor!” I smiled as I saw that he AND his new friend were okay, and drove on.

I had not driven very far when I realized what had just transpired. God, in his infinite wisdom, had given me a living miracle. It was the miracle of HIS words in action. HE knew I not only needed humbling, I also needed to see and experience the real act of giving without expectations of anything in return. Overcome with joy, I immediately said a prayer thanking God for loving me enough to teach me. I also knew I had to share this experience with others so that we always remember HIS love for us; the kind of love that never dies, and the kind of love that never leaves our side…not even in my car, not even during rush hour traffic.